Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Surprisingly Good

I was a little skeptical about buying an electrical pushmower, but considering the cost of gas and the inconvenience to have to go get it, plus storage of gasoline in the garage is a little worrisome, I decided to go for it. I plugged the battery in to charge and as soon as it was green I tried it out. I agree with the other review that you have to make sure that you push the button all the way in before pulling on the bailer arm (the safety arm that you hold down to keep the mower on that they added in the 80's), but this only takes 1 time to figure it out. From the second time it's a piece of cake. The mower cut my whole yard on the first charge. I have less than a half acre, the grass was mostly dry and taller than 6". The mower was on the highest height setting. The battery was getting weak toward the end though. The second time I cut the grass the battery was still strong at the end and I tackled a hillside with a thick layer of iceplant. You can't just push over it like you can with grass because it will stop the mower, but you can still cut it. Incredible. Highly recommend this pushmower.

No comments:

Post a Comment