Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Very Happy

I've had the B&D MM875 corded electric mower for about four years, and I've always been skeptical about the battery operated models.

But after four years of feeling good about not polluting, I was tired of wrestling with 100' of extension cord...and tired of the backyard choreography required to avoid running over the line.

I'm glad I made the move.

Mowing is probably 30% faster without the cord drama, and the battery is just fine for our average-size yard...even when plowing through the long and wet spring grass. No sign of even slowing-down at the end of my job.

Only downside of the electrics is that in the long/wet stuff, they do not mulch quite as convincingly as my old Honda gas model. But for me, that's a small price to pay when I wait too long between cuttings.

The removable battery is a neat trick, and that (along with B&D's easily changeable blades) gives me confidence that in x years I'll be able to replace a part instead of the machine.

And, yes, it is just terrific not to be dealing with the traditional gas/oil/noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment